Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer!

A few months ago I made the decision to move to Knoxville this August to finish my master's degree.  I'm not sure where exactly I'll end up after I graduate or if I'll come back to Arkansas, but I've decided to make the most out of my (potential) last few months in Arkansas! 

I've made an Arkansas bucket list that includes:
  • Altus winery tours and tastings (crossing this off tomorrow with Sarah and Amanda! Maybe I'll post about it :)
  • Clinton Library (I went a few years ago, but I was with about 50 kids, so I didn't get a whole lot out of it.)
  • Crystal Bridges
  • Crater of Diamonds State Park (I went during my short time in 4H, so I was pretty young.  Thinking about taking my little sis in Big Brothers Big Sisters, Beverly)
  • Blanchard Springs Caverns (Again, I went when I was younger, but thinking about taking Beverly)
  • Folk Center in Mountain View
I might add more later as I think of them (or learn that they exist!).  Unfortunately, I will leave Arkansas without ever experiencing Turkey Trot, Toad Suck Daze, or the Bean Fest and Outhouse races, but maybe I'll make sure to visit during those events. 

I'm sure it will be a good summer.  My lease at my apartment was up in April and I'm not moving until August so that left me trying to find a temporary place to live.  I've landed a spot in a house owned by a Lutheran pastor who also works at Starbucks.  He has one more tenant - a Chinese woman who is married, but her husband live in Little Rock.  This might turn out to be an interesting summer to say the least.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. An interesting summer indeed! I'm glad we got to cross that first one off your list : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the Toad Suck Daze .... an oppurtunity of a lifetime -- like the pyramids or the Northern Lights -- a full lunar eclipse --- meeting Betty white in person...

    ReplyDelete