Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Russellville INK!

Yesterday I did something that I had been thinking about doing for a few years:  I got a tattoo!! The first time I thought about getting one was the summer after I graduated from college, so that was three years ago.  I talked myself out of it then, but had thought about it occasionally since then. 

Earlier this month, I made the appointment.  I went in yesterday afternoon and began the process.  Since my tattoo was not too detailed or big, it didn't take too long.  I got it on my foot, so he had me laying in a way that I couldn't see the needle at all. 

It hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would.  The outline was the worst.  It felt like I was being stung by a bee... for about 20-30 minutes.  There were times that were uncomfortable, but he was good about asking me questions, so I'd be talking and not thinking about it. 

It felt like a sunburn for about an hour afterward and I was super aware of it, but now I can barely feel anything.  It will take a few weeks to heal completely. 






I'm sure you wanted to see pictures of my foot, but there they are anyway!  

Anyway - I got a silhouette of a sparrow to symbolize the freedom to fly.  No matter what situation I am in, I can always find the courage and strength to change and move on if necessary.  It's just another reminder to live my life to the fullest. :-)  

I have also always liked this verse in the Paul Simon song "Everything about it is a Love Song:"

"Early December and brown as a sparrow
Frost creeping over the pond
I shoot a thought into the future, and it flies like an arrow
Through my lifetime and beyond"



I was so nervous when I got there yesterday that I almost didn't get out of my car, but now I'm happy I did it!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment